Monday, January 19, 2009

Who has more injuries? My NH 750 or me?




I am getting a little better each day. The recovery will be a test of my patience( as well as my wonderful family's). My bike took a hard hit but I don't think it's totaled. How it skidded 180* to strike the truck with the rear is a mystery but that certainly minimized the $ damage. If the front end had struck the truck it would need new forks, wheel, brakes, etc. It looks like I'm going to replace the rear plastic, turn signals, & taillight. After impact it seems the bike hit the pavement and bent the handlebar, destroyed the throttle grip, mirror, and kill switch. I will be awhile before I begin to rebuild my bike, but I think I'll be able to bring her back to her former glory then sell her. I want to return to dirt riding, which I loved as a youngster. No crazy jumps or racing, just getting back in the woods and riding easy, hopefully with one or more of my daughters. Isabella has said she would like a dirt bike, so we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment